Thank you all for reading my rambles. All comments are read and appreciated. There have been some great comments recently so many, many thanks. I'm sorry if I haven't managed to comment on your blog I do read them as often as I can.

Sunday, September 06, 2009


You might be wondering at the title of this post. I am doing some research and the Italian word is 'sfilature'. The nearest I seem to be able to get as a possible translation is what we know as 'pulled thread work'. Anyone out there know any better? Doing a Google search gave me pictures of drawn thread work which is where I got the definition from. If you know any better and can help me please post. Many thanks.


Julie said...

Came across this link Shelia


they say its hardanger LOL

Sheilasembroidery said...

Yes Julie Hardanger is another form of cut thread work and sfilature seems to be the Italian term for 'Cut Thread Work' although translation dictionaries that I have looked at don't recognise the word.