Welcome

Thank you all for reading my rambles. All comments are read and appreciated. There have been some great comments recently so many, many thanks. I'm sorry if I haven't managed to comment on your blog I do read them as often as I can.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Lost ATCs

During March I took part in a Be Creative online weekend event. As a result some of us made some ATCs (Artist Trading Cards). Some we swapped with others within the group and at least one in the series was 'lost' somewhere in the artists local area. The small pieces of art have a blog reference number and a website address . If you click on my link you can have a look at these ATCs and see if there is one near you. If you find one please leave a comment and perhaps a photograph. We would love to hear what has happened to these pieces. If you want to see mine you will have to visit the website. Remember to come back here to see what else we have been up to.

We would also love to have you join us for our next events. This does mean you need a Facebook account which some people dislike. It is the only way we could see of having a 'safe' group site as all members are vetted and come usually by recommendations from others within the group. You do not need to have posts seen by the general public and can restrict them to friends only.

Beware however :) there is a lot of chatter depending on which activities you choose to join. I know there are one or two of my friends who follow this blog. So please take a look at my ATCs and see if you can 'find' them and give them good homes. Hint:- one of my favourite local wool shops is involved. Try one in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Below is just one image I found during the weekend event. It is an enlarged microscope image of a piece of expanded popcorn. Would you believe it? Honey bees create similar structures within a honeycomb. I can see me using this image in a future piece of work.

That's all for today. If you would like to know more about what I have been up to since my last blog entry then visit my Facebook page.

I hope the sun is out where you are. This morning here on the North East coast has dawned with a lovely clear sky, which probably means it's very cold outside.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Good to see that someone has been productive over the Easter break, unless bread making and nutty fudge count.
I'm off to try 3 postcards I dreamed of last night