Welcome

Thank you all for reading my rambles. All comments are read and appreciated. There have been some great comments recently so many, many thanks. I'm sorry if I haven't managed to comment on your blog I do read them as often as I can.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Ripon

Sunday 27th July we visited Harlow Carr before going to Ripon. It was a beautiful day. I did take photos but I don't seem to be able to find them at the moment. So I will tell you about the reason for the visit. I was there help put up an exhibition in the Cathedral entitled Lindisfarne: Faith, Inspiration and Stitch.

Here is one of my pieces entitled Celtic Knot. Free machine embroidery on metal shim. Yes I did put a piece of metal through my machine and remembered to change my needle afterwards. When the sewing machine was sent to be serviced. There was a comment that there was a bit of rust present in the workings. Mayhaps from the small bits of metal that were punched while stitching. I will remember to clean my machine next time I stitch into metal.

Here is a poor picture of two boards I made when doing my City and Guild work showing tablet weaving and split stitch along with goldwork

 DH and I went to Ripon town square at 9pm to see the Hornblower who puts the town to bed. He told a very good story.


2 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful work Sheila. I think my machine would sulk if I tried to put metal through it

SheilasEmbroidery said...

There are some fantastic pieces there Christine. It was only metal shim so quite easy to stitch. You can also stitch into it by hand if you punch the holes first. It's a bit like paper though once the hole is there you can't change your mind.