Welcome

Thank you all for reading my rambles. All comments are read and appreciated. There have been some great comments recently so many, many thanks. I'm sorry if I haven't managed to comment on your blog I do read them as often as I can.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Calico Garden

I had a great time last Sunday and Monday at The Attic. We did a workshop called 'Calico Gardens'.
here are some pictures showing the progress of my garden.

The first one is a funny colour but shows the piece as it was on Monday after the workshop.

The last piece is as it is today. I still have the path to complete and some stems on the Whisteria. I'm really pleased with it.

2 comments:

Stitchingranny said...

Beautiful Shiela. A bit suprised your wisteria isnt purple though lol. Look forward to seeing your finish.

SheilasEmbroidery said...

:)))))) Helen.

Now I was as surprised as you - however if you look really, really carefully the arch was done in a very slightly variegated thread. You can hardly tell unless you see the piece up really close. And I couldn't resist putting some deep brown beads in as well which wasn't really part of the brief - to use only neutrals! - oh yes and a small amount of green and orange crept in - as if by accident :)