Welcome

Thank you all for reading my rambles. All comments are read and appreciated. There have been some great comments recently so many, many thanks. I'm sorry if I haven't managed to comment on your blog I do read them as often as I can.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Richard Box

Last night I went to Hexham to listen to Richard Box talk about his embroideries. I think he is a great speaker and so approachable. I came away with one of his books 'Colour and Design for Embroidery' and some of his fabric pieces - as if I didn't have enough already! I was looking for some neutral lace pieces but only found some orangy yellow, might be able to use that though in another Calico Gardens piece.

While surfing the web I got carried away and started researching Richard's life and got side tracked - as always to other very interesting sites by well known embroiderers. Something is really telling me I must go back to my studies again.

1 comment:

Stitchingranny said...

Thought that was a foregone conclusion Shiela lol. Sounds like you had a fun evening.