Welcome

Thank you all for reading my rambles. All comments are read and appreciated. There have been some great comments recently so many, many thanks. I'm sorry if I haven't managed to comment on your blog I do read them as often as I can.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Fof Q update

Thankyou Tracie for a great day on Saturday. Tracie is a fantastic teacher and helped us all paint some fantastic pieces. Even my FiL thought the butterfly looks very real.

Here is Tracie with some of her work.









This is the piece I created. The only stitching - at the moment was to stitch on the butterfly. I intend to stitch the whole onto another background with some wadding so that it becomes a small art quilt. I've also bought some materials to create the rusting effects you can see in the background of my piece. I want to quite a few experiments with this technique and have quitea few ideas running through my head.

The quilts were fabulous - as usual. I was so surprised to see a small block the same design as my very first ever quilt . It is based on an exploding square and I made mine for my DS a few years ago. If you would like to see my quilt then go here. Yes it is a King size quilt. It was a mammoth undertaking and took me about 3 years to complete.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Can't wait to see it - is the eninaecia 3D as well?

SheilasEmbroidery said...

The Cone Flower is kind of 3D in that it was painted on fabric, cut out and stuck on - and yes I did paint it - you impressed? The papers are copies from Uncle Andrew's effects that I kept in a tin and are from an army dinner menu dated 1934. On the reverse are signatures that he must have collected from all his comrades.

Julie said...

Very impressive, love the quilt, well done.