Welcome

Thank you all for reading my rambles. All comments are read and appreciated. There have been some great comments recently so many, many thanks. I'm sorry if I haven't managed to comment on your blog I do read them as often as I can.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Back to playing

Not sure how many people are still following my blog. I have been very remise over the last year or so. But I am back to playing again so I do have pictures to share again.

Here are some papers I am preparing - we will have to wait for them to dry before I tell you what I am going to do with them. They are still very wet. I've used Koh-I-Noor dye paints so the colours are very vibrant. The slightly see through papers are kitchen towels.



Here are my first attempt at making beaded, knitted beads



I have made more beads and hope to make a better necklace as my trials progress. Playing with different yarns show how different they all look. I'll let you see more as I play.

Please let me know if you are still with me as I'll feel very lonely if you don't.

5 comments:

Val said...

HinSheila, I am still visiting :)
Pretty hand made paper and love your stitched beads :)

Christine said...

Oh I do like those beads!

Nuvofelt said...

Looking good, Sheila. Stack them as you go - the paint mixes and mingles and makes very interesting marks. They still look very wet. Once left overnight the paper absorbs the water and colour.

SheilasEmbroidery said...

Thanks Myfanwy. These started off in the litter tray, stacked up with the kitchen paper. However I put too much water in them. So I put more paint on once I took them out. They are still very pale. I forgot that Koh-I-Noor dries much paler.

SheilasEmbroidery said...

Thanks Val and Christine, lovely to see you back.