Welcome

Thank you all for reading my rambles. All comments are read and appreciated. There have been some great comments recently so many, many thanks. I'm sorry if I haven't managed to comment on your blog I do read them as often as I can.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sleepless

Why when trying to go to sleep does the mind start wandering and I thought about my newest journal. How could I use it to inspire a new project? I had a thought and just had to get up and dig out a few pieces of fabric. In only took a few minutes. felt from the felt box and a few scraps from the first scrap box I put my hands on. Well I just had to audition them and now I'm wide awake again. This is the result. Now I just have to think of a way to combine them - the embellisher might have to come out or even the sewing machine. I'd like to make a fabric book this time.


Last Saturday I got together with some of my Guild friends to learn a new skill for some - needle weaving. We did some of the basics first then started a bigger project - guess what it is! It takes a long time to wrap the wires. Tonight I finished one wing. I've made a few mistakes but hope that I have been able to disguise them.


No comments: