I got my last copy of Let's Knit last week and tried do make a small bag to use up the bamboo handles. My first choice was the cable wave pattern but couldn't get the pattern to work so started on a crochet bag instead. I showed you the start, this is the completed item.
I had to adapt the pattern because of the yarn I used made a much wider piece, so I turned the crochet on it's side and made a much bigger flower on the front. I had to scan the bag because when I took a photo it just didn't show up the flower on the front. I also had to play with the handle fastening as the first one wasn't wide enough so it all came out and made wider. I haven't forgotten my panel, the last section is well on it's way to completion, I'll probably work on that today.