Welcome

Thank you all for reading my rambles. All comments are read and appreciated. There have been some great comments recently so many, many thanks. I'm sorry if I haven't managed to comment on your blog I do read them as often as I can.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Home

Well we took the long way home yesterday via Skegness (this was a disappointment, wet and miserable). Stopped to look at the Humber Bridge before going over. Then up the coast via Scarborough and Whitby. We stopped for a meal in Guisborough. It was a very long drive and dark before we got home.
One of the first things I did after unpacking the car was to unwrap my two mugs, disappointment again, the one Pete chose was fine but mine should have been black with a red dragon, so rang the shop up this morning and they are going to send mine up and I'll have to post the wrong one - yes it was red with a black dragon and the top was black with a red dragon. Here's Pete's.

While away I did a few pages to a new journal inspired by our few days away. I had painted the pages in preparation before we went away!There's still a bit of room on the first page.

The second page is a painted and printed fabric I did last year. I might add more to that later.
Page three was inspired by the shadows of some twigs I saw on the way back home one night. The poem says
       Winter
           twig
       Shadows
Sun and light
     waving
            in
             the  
               wind
         moving.

Before we went away I forgot to show you my small bag, remember the fabric I showed you? One bought, the other I did some batik work on. Well here is the finished bag and you can see the batik fabric on the inside.


          


1 comment:

Christine said...

How frustrating! Still at least the shop are putting it right for you.
The bag is gorgeous