Welcome

Thank you all for reading my rambles. All comments are read and appreciated. There have been some great comments recently so many, many thanks. I'm sorry if I haven't managed to comment on your blog I do read them as often as I can.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Blackwork Leaves

As part of my C&G course I am doing a study of the History of English Embroidery. I am up to the Elizabethan period and had to design a piece of blackwork. I used leaves as my inspiration and wanted the piece to be on white felt so pinned a piece of linen over the top to act as a guide.





I removed the linen when it was complete.

2 comments:

Stitchingranny said...

Wow Shiela, well done. Bet you had fun removing all the threads from the linen.

Karan said...

Love your blackwork piece: interesting & unusual to see it on felt.
Best of wishes for a happy, healthy & productive 2008. :0)