Welcome

Thank you all for reading my rambles. All comments are read and appreciated. There have been some great comments recently so many, many thanks. I'm sorry if I haven't managed to comment on your blog I do read them as often as I can.

Monday, January 07, 2008

So much for my New Year resolution

Yes I did promise myself to do a blog entry a day and I've broken it already. Don't know where the weekend went to.

I finished my blackwork leaves last week and have done a small sample to see if I could do some embellishment but I should have embellished the felt first and then done the stitching as the embellishing seems to distort and fuzz the blackwork and the pattern is very unclear, so I'm not going to do it on the leaves.

I've also picked up my crewel work again which got sidelined. I'll take a picture later and show it to you.

Back to writing my design and history projects now that Christmas and New Year is over. These are both illustrated studies but the history one also involves written work, I've finished the Tudor times and am now researching the Stuart period.

2 comments:

Stitchingranny said...

Seems a shame to embellish the leaves as the simplicity of them was part of their charm.

oh well thats my humble opinion - and you got it whether you wanted it or not Shiela lol. (;o( sorry)

SheilasEmbroidery said...

Thanks for your comments Helen, much appreciated. As I said the test piece I did didn't work out as well as I had imagined so the leaf piece has gone into my file as is. Next time I will try embellishing first and then stitching over the top so that the blackwork is more prominent.